Monday, 22 February 2010

unfruitful shopping outing

There's nothing special to do in Tokyo besides shopping and eating. When I learnt about Gotemba Premium Outlet, I knew I had to pay it a visit when I'm in Japan. A day trip south of Tokyo and 6 hrs of outlet shopping was what I was looking forward to. The store directory included brands like Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu, YSL, Chloe, Hugo Boss, Nike, Adidas............. For full listing, click here. Apparently on a clear day, there's also a good view of Mount Fuji from Gotemba.
Highway bus terminal
Look at the brand listing! All my favorite brands and I left the place 6 hrs later empty handed =( The selection of items at Balenciaga was pathetic whereas Bottega, Prada, YSL had decent stuffs. Maybe the fact that my traveling cost for the entire trip can buy 2 regular priced Balenciagas guilt me into not spending any additional money. My boy on the other hand managed to pick up some really good deals from Hugo Boss. With discounts ranging from 50-80%, he bought yet another Hugo Boss leather belt (3) and a full leather messenger bag. Bag, belts, blazer, shoes, sweater, watch, now who's the boss......After 1 whole day of shopping, we were totally drained and recharged over shabu shabu at some local eatery near our hotel. It's surprising to me how the younger generation Japanese still don't understand basic English. We had such a hard time trying to order and had to depend on photo pointing.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment