Thursday, 25 February 2010

exploration skin care regime

Management is trying to impose the stupid no makeup crap on the clean room and many people are unhappy. After so many years, why bother now? Anyway, it's a good excuse for me to indulge in some skin care to attempt to shrink my unsightly pores (thanks to competitive sports last time and our crazy humid weather) and impeding dark circles. Bought some of these from Japan and hope they work =) Fancl, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Kanebo, Canmake, SKII, Dr.Ci:Labo are some well-known Japanese cosmetics brand. Sadly, I didn't really do my homework about their products before my trip and I am pretty comfortable with Bobbi Brown/MAC. When I walked into their drug store, I was overwhelmed with their selection. I didn't know where to start as everything was in Japanese. In the end, I settled for some really basic stuffs that I needed.My dear friend introduced me to this brand a few months back and I felt that it was pretty good. It's kinda on the same level as SKII but less well known locally. Only after buying it, I realized that SG don't bring in this particular product =) Next on my to-get-list is Aqua-Collagen-Gel which is a 5-in-1 gel consisting of toner, milky lotion, makeup base, beauty essence, brightening essence.
Desperately in need of loose powder, I remembered that same friend recommending MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, how it is able to minimize the appearance of pores, lines and imperfections and set makeup.
I'm hoping that all these new products do not clash and cause me a major breakout. Last time I combined Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil together with SKII Facial Treatment Essence, it didn't turn out too well...

2 comments:

  1. clean room of cos no makeup allowed what!! haha over here is abolutely zero makeup, no necklaces, earrings, watches allowed too. Think next year no contacts will be allowed. tt would be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i'm not wrong, ours is a class 8 clean room which isn't very clean after all so who cares. hahahah. plus our products are all pre-sterilized so there will be further cleanings down the line.

    ReplyDelete