Saturday, 6 February 2010

DIY Studded Loafers aka Rollerball wannabe

I've been toying with the idea of studded a pair of loafers after seeing this wow piece from Christian Louboutin few months back. Was kinda lazy to get started and wondered where can I get a pair of cheap leather loafers without worrying that it may potentially end up in the bin due to lousy/ugly studding.
I then saw this DIY pair online and it seems as a really doable DIY piece so I started my random search for cheap loafers. Roaming aimlessly while waiting for my friend, I stomped across this boring looking leather loafers for S$23.90! After my CC rebate etc, I ended up paying S$9.50 for it. It's kinda a no brainer if you ask me since I can't even get a decent pair of flip flops for that amount. My dad asked me why did I buy granny's shoes. hahahaha. Wait till you see the final result. Trust me, no granny will be hip/daring enough to wear it. Things to get started include a plain pair of loafers, a bag of studs and something sharp to make the holes.
Presenting my DIY studded loafers. Painstakingly hand studded.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Shots of some people rocking the original rollerball





1 comment:

  1. What a cool DIY project! That loafer is given new life with the studs:-)

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete