Thursday, 18 February 2010

3rd time is a bliss

Final day of snowboarding and I was determined to make it count despite the soreness of my entire body. Went to a different mountain resort, Hakuba 47 / Goryu. When our bus was approaching the ski area, I was really encouraged to see gentler slopes, more conducive for noobies like me. In my mind, I kept replaying what my boy kept saying, that it's the same as wakeboarding! It's so not the same. Gravity and speed differ so much.... Anyway, weather was quite bad as it started snowing pretty heavily, making the visibility quite bad. But it's really fun snowboarding with snowflakes hitting your face =)The mountain is huge and we only confined ourselves to the begineers slope at the bottom. Can only imagine how awesome the view is from the top on a good day.
Crazily steep ski slopes. I think only skiers can tackle such slopes. The level of difficult for snowboarders and skieers differ too much on steep slopes.
I fell at all different positions possible. There ain't any part of my body that isn't hurting. But that won't stop me from trying....
After umpteen attempts, things started falling in place. The feeling came and I was abled to ditch my fears. It was awesome. The adrenaline rush, the speed, the chilling wind, snowflakes, the sound of the board grinding against the snow......
Freaking happy. Felt that I've accomplished what I've set out to do here. I'm no pro at snowboarding, but at least I can proudly say that I can snowboard for real.Sadly, my snowboarding exploration ends here. Despite all the bruises on my knees, direct fall on my tailbone which resulted in a momentary head concussion, wrists that were almost fractures, these past 3 days of snowboarding was freaking awesome! Really can't bear to leave this beauty ski resort. My goal is to return to this place at least once every 2 years. Anyone interested? Nithe is still convinced that skiing is easier than snowboarding so he wants to learn it the next time round =)
Managed to catch some action on my camera =) Evidence.... hahahaha

1 comment:

  1. ya skiing is really easier than snowboarding, says Tian who can do both so he chose to teach me to ski first then maybe next time snowboard. 3 days of snowboarding/skiing is damn good workout!

    ReplyDelete