Thursday, 31 December 2009

bye 2009, welcome 2010

2009 was a good year for me. Survived 1 year of FYP and finally graduated with B Eng. in Bioengineering. Made some really good friends are thankful for them to make it through those 4 years. I'm still waiting on my mum's graduation present! Managed to secure a decent job as a Quality Engineer despite the gloomy economical outlook during mid-year. Might not be the perfect job but at least things seem to be slowly turning for the better at the end of the year. My boy passed his MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and is officially a practicing medical doctor. As much as he hates his choice of career, I'm still super proud of him.
Annual family vacation to Mongolia. Horse riding, deserts, grasslands and scotching temperatures (40 oC)....
Had our first NYGH Sec 4/5 class gathering after 6 years of hiatus

And few days ago, I've juz received news that ALL 5 NYGFs are finally ATTACHED. Like finally. Now, who's getting married first?
I discovered my interest in playing with my little sewing machine after a good friend of mine introduced me a few fashion blogs. I was totally surprised by the patience I had to work on something for 10hrs straight, making trips to Chinatown to get new fabrics..... Haven't been working on anything lately and still have a huge box of unused fabrics dumped in my room.
Photobucket
Attended 3 fashion events. Topshop, Mango and Uniqlo. Miraculously managed to win tickets to these events and had a smashing time <3
Photobucket
Even though I've been spying of Balenciaga for ages, my love was finally reciprocated in 2009 =) Very damaging to my wallet but their beauty simply can't be ignored despite my best-est efforts.
Photobucket
2009 S/S Pre-Season Sanguine GSH City, 2009 F/W Main Collection Anthracite Twiggy

Lastly not forgetting my new shoe purchases of 2009, upgrading from 3" to 4" to 4.5" and finally hitting 5".
Photobucket
top left: Jeffrey Campbell, ASOS, Steve Madden, Steve Madden, Steve Madden
second row left: Zara, Pedder Red, Pedder Red, Aldo, Steve Madden
third row left: Steve Madden, ASOS, Keds, Pedder Red, Steve Madden
forth row left: Steve Madden, Steve Madden, Aldo, Doc Martens


2009 has been really taxing on my pocket. My resolution for 2010 is to cut down on small spendings, try to enjoy my job and view things from a positive perspective. Some really exciting things are gonna take place in the next few months. Looking forward to a great new year =)

1 comment: