Thursday, 3 December 2009

Uniqlo Fashion Show

A week ago when I received news that I won tickets to attend the event, I was so excited x3. Firstly, it's a FASHION SHOW. Secondly, it's at Ritz Carlton. Thirdly, dress up time + photo whoring =) I figured it should be fun even though I'm not a fan of Uniqlo. How can fashion shows not be fun?!!??
Photobucket
Yummy tapas at the reception, together with deserts and cocktails. Slipper lobster with mango and Thai sauce, salmon with something and tuna with something else. Isn't it obvious which one's my favorite? hahahaha......
Photobucket

We took as many shots as we could, imagining it was some red carpet event. hahahaha. Isn't these events all about dressing up and photo whoring?
Coincidentally, we were pretty coordinated. All black outfits, studded details on Sarah's dress vs multiple necklaces, dark colored bags, patterned hosiery, black heels. We DIDN'T plan it =) Juz happened to be.....
Photobucket
on sarah - dress: Mango, hosiery: from uk, bag: Mulberry Roxanne, heels: C&K
on me - playsuit: Topshop, hosiery: Topshop, multiple chains: Island Shop & DIY,
leather cuff: Diesel, bag: Balenciaga twiggy heels: ASOS

Clothes by Uniqlo are mostly basics so it was really interesting to see how they mix and match the pieces to look fashion forward. I love love love their spring colors. So bright and chirpy. Turquoise/bright blue is gonna be a hit in spring as seen in Chanel, Balenciaga, Mulberry etc..... I also love how almost all the guys' jeans were cuffed, exposing really cute striped socks. I'll definitely check out their new store at 313@Somerset soon. It's gonna be south east asia's largest store. A few pieces really caught my eyes =)
Photobucket
Goodie bag!! There's nothing special inside but it juz makes me happy to receive gifts =)
Photobucket

Multiple chains, side braids (trying to emulate what Alexander Wang did but of coz my hair is neither long nor thick enough), Chanel crystal earrings, patterned hosiery, crazy platform heels (5" to be exact) and my Balenciaga. I've been crazy over this pair of topshop heart hosiery since I first saw them at the Topshop fashion show 2 months ago but can't justify buying them. After 2 months when I've finally decided to get them for this event, my size was sold out everywhere and I had to hunt up and down for them. In the end, they found the LAST piece and it safely reached me the day before the event.
My mum was so cute. She saw me uploading the pictures and it paused at the hosiery shot.
my mum: Oh that's nice. Why don't I see you dressing like that?
me: errr.. that's me
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment