Thursday, 1 October 2009

Topshop F/W09 Fashion Show

It all started when Style Magazine sent me a sms saying that I won tickets to the Topshop/Topman A/W09 Show. Not only is this my first time winning any form of lucky draw, it's also my first fashion show =) It was super last minute and I didn't really have anything new to wear but I was still super excited!
Excited us were snapping away outside the tent before the show started.
top: Mango, denim: 7 for all mankind, bag: Balenciaga, heels: Pedder Red

It's his shirt that I'm taking photo with =) The famous Christopher Kane CROCODILE tee.
Sipping free cocktail, spotting celebrities and bloggers and stalking beautiful people. We were spotted and photographed by the media and fashion bloggers! How cool is that... I'm gonna make sure I dig out those photos.
And the show begins.... There were alot of people but thankfully we came early so managed to secure a standing spot right behind the seats. I want to sit on those reserved seats....... Maybe I should quit my BORING engineering job and switch lines. Any strings to pull?
Topman Collection was featured first and they were wearing alot of knits. Totally unwearable in SG and I bet they were perspiring like mad... The male models had scarily skinny legs. Totally putting us females to shame. Then to the Topshop Collection. Instantly, fall/winter collection became clubbing/party collection. No knits, but tons of studs, sequins and crazy platform shoes. As the models made it down the runway, Jess and I were both were like " oh I saw that... I almost bought that... I WANT that..." I was sooooo happy that the 2 pieces I bought were featured in the show =) Awesome taste. hahahahha
Photobucket
Of coz, what is a fashion show without MODELS!
Photobucket
Our goodie bag waiting for us at the store after the show. Consisted of Style magazine, Topshop vouchers, quirky heart-shaped glasses and a Sony Ericsson beach pack.
This is the second 'IT' dress of Christopher Kane for Topshop Collection. The first being the Crocodile tee/dress the random guy was wearing above. I can't believe my luck when I managed to find this dress in the fitting room bin in UK6. I'm pretty sure that there's like 1 piece per size for this item. Totally had to try it on for the sake of trying. It's one of those 'wear once and retire' dress. Dennis Keller wore this dress at the show and she looked freaking HOT!
Us photowhoring with our new glasses. Loved them
My buys =) Yes I know all black again. I can't help it. Fall is all about black and black goes with EVERYTHING. 2 major fall trends. Shoulders and high waisted tapered pants. Freaking love them and can't wait to wear them out.
2 Happy girls with bags of happiness. Totally made my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment