Saturday, 24 October 2009

best bbq since I can remember

Johnny and Klam, my church friends from Korea, invited us to their condo for Korean BBQ. I'm not a fan of Korean food but it was seriously the best BBQ I've eaten in a long long while.
It was really simple. All they prepared were frozen pork belly strips, no marination required. Look at those thick layers of fat. I seriously think that there's more fat than meat but it was so good. The fats juz seem to melt in your mouth.... Who needs satay and chicken wings for BBQ? Of coz, the fire was fuelled by the fats dripping from the pork belly.
BBQ meat, wrapped in lettuce, mushroom and homemade Korean paste. The paste was insanely tasty and went so well with the meat. We were literally licking up every bit of the paste to go with the pork belly.
Of coz, we had Korean wine, Soju. It's really similar to Japanese sake.
It's really lovely when everyone can juz get together and fellowship over food. These Korean dudes are really funny. They were saying that if SG guys were to go clubbing in Korea, they won't want to come back anymore. Also, >90% of Korean girls go for cosmetic surgery. Apparently, parents give it to their kids as some sort of graduation gift. But what kept me laughing like crazy was when Klam said "if you're not ok, let me know and I will say sorry". Their command of English isn't very good so they tend to be very straightforward. The way they express themselves is juz very dramatic and entertaining.
Our mess

No comments:

Post a Comment