Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Impeccable Style @ Mango

Impeccable Style @ Mango was organized by Style Magazine at ION Mango Boutique. It wasn't a fashion show but more like a style workshop, using Mango pieces to suit the different body types. The take home message was to be comfortable in your personal style and to own it =)
During the styling presentation, the most awesome thing happened. The fashion editor of Style was trying to explain how to play with lengths and proportions to trick the eye into seeing the goods and hiding the boos and I was picked out from the crowd as a positive illustration of her point. Apparently, the polka dots and the blazer was a good match, the length proportions were right, the shoulder pads from my blazer as well as the rolled up sleeves made the outfit chic yet casual. Overall, thumbs up =) So instead of selling Mango clothes, she ended up selling mine. It was like my 2 mins of fame. hahaha....
blazer: mum's, playsuit: Topshop, heels: Anne Klein, bag: Balenciaga
Also, this is my first time wearing a white blazer. I stole it from my mum's wardrobe and if vintage is defined by it being >10 years old, this is super vintage =) I can't seem to remember my mum being a UK10. I have been shunting this for a long while as I was afraid that it might resemble a lab coat. It's still subjected to more outfit experiments but it's promising. Why bother spending money when I can dig something out for free?

Style Magazine Fashion Editor Sharon Tulasidas & me
Of coz I'm petite =) Mango goodie bag. 15% off storewide plus a cute little organizer.
I was good and DIDN'T spend a dime.
On a whole, a completely different experience from the Topshop Fashion Show but it was fun nevertheless. Seeing these stylists at work make me so tempted to leave my boring and unfulfilling job but deep down, I know that fashion is juz a subset of my life and not my whole life. It's better to juz keep it as a hobby for now.

1 comment: