Sunday, 4 April 2010

XXIV

A day spent eating, eating and eating some more. The day started with lunch at Ippudo @ Mandarin Gallery as Nithe has not been there before and I was having ramen cravings. They serve one of the best ramen in SG! The only downer is that the queuing time is at least 20mins regardless of when. Love every bit of their soup =)

Next was tea at Riders with the Drs and friends from HK. It was so sweet of them to get me a birthday cake from Valentino, the restaurant I've tried booking for my b'day dinner but was fulled. It was like 3 cakes in 1, decorated with white chocolate roses and chocolate profiteroles. Yummyilcious!!! Birthday girl entitled to 2 slices =)

Dinner with my family was at this French restaurant near my place. My mum have been talking about it for ages and we finally decided to give it a try (still waiting for Valentino). Despite being really stuffed from lunch and tea, there's always space for more French. I have to honestly say that I prefer their food over Julian Bompard. haahhaha.... And their deserts are to die for!! Their homemade caramel and rum & raisin ice cream, so gooddddd.

Escargots with pasley & garlic butter sauce
Pan-baked duck confit with Granny Smith apples and foie gras in green peppercorn sauce,
laced with Calvados, served with asparagus and carrots
De-boned pigeon stuffed with foie gras and wild mushroom,
glazed with a caramelized bitter orange jus sauce
Warm chocolate torte with coffee paste, paired with banana gratinated with
Tia Maria sabayon served with homemade run & raisin ice cream
Warm flaky apple stuffed pastry with chocolate dusted, almond crumbles
and served with homemade caramel ice cream

Post dinner plans was Butter Factory. For 23 years in my life, I've never stepped into a club as I'm not into loud noise, crowd and alcohol. I'm glad that I didn't miss out on anything for the past 23 years as I don't plan to enter one again unless necessary.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment