Friday, 30 April 2010

it's the end of the road

As our work at J&J is coming to an end, the associates (trainers) decided to treat the whole team to lunch, exchange some gifts, photo whore a bit and share some thoughts... At the end of the whole session, almost everyone was tearing except for a few cold blooded souls like me... It's juz not my thing to do farewells. Anyways, it has been a very tiring but enjoyable 2 weeks working in Cordis, Juarez. Even though communication was impossible without an interpretor, we still managed our way through and even picked up a few simple Spanish phrases. I need to practice them for my upcoming trip =)
After my training with all the balloon functional tests were completed, I switched over to do 100% manufacturing inspection and this was my station =)
People that I work with daily in the clean room =) White for regular operators, light blue for group leader and supervisors (somehow our interpretor was in light blue too), yellow for QC and dark blue for executives and guests.
My Spanish interpretor. He's 22 but his thinking and level of maturity is way beyond his age. With 4 languages under his belt and a strong passion for the literary world, he makes me feel really uncultured. hahaha... Thankfully, his presence made work less boring as he was the only one whom I could related to outside work as the rest who speak English are old and boring people....

Team Avalon/Tactx Medical
The entire BX Sonic team that made this training possible.
I casually asked my boss whether there's a possibility of us returning and he sounded promising. With the number of J&J projects lining up, there's no doubt that we'll be back =) It's gonna be hell busy when we return to SG and I've yet to apply for leave for my family holiday..... Crap

No comments:

Post a Comment