Sunday, 24 January 2010

♥ A-L-E-X-A ♥

lusted it. wanted it. bagged it =)
I can't explain how much I love this bag. The first time I've spotted this bag was around September, carried by Alexa Chung herself. It kinda resembles the famous Proenza Schouler bag, made popular by the Olsens but the Alexa had a more casual and rugged edge to it. Being a Balenciaga girl, I love soft leather and bags that don't have a fix shape. Mulberry Bayswater is way too structured for my liking but Alexa seems nice and soft. Some people on TPF have been thrashing this bag, saying that the leather is thin and flimpsy, looks cheap, blah blah but I think they failed to realise that the bag was designed to look slouchy and casual as seen carried by Alexa Chung. In my opinion, the slouchyness will give the bag it's own edge and the leather will only get better with more wear. I love the design completely and have no issues with the leather. Oh, another thing is the size. It is smaller than expected but the size fits me perfectly. It's smaller than my Balenciaga City, which is ideal since my mum feels that city looks too big on my petite frame =) New bag to go with my new wardrobe.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
top: mum's, shorts: Miss Selfridge, bag: Mulberry Alexa, heels: Jeffrey Campbell

3 comments:

  1. I've just discoverd your blog and I love it! You've a great style!

    If you want check out my blog and leave a comment! Thanks!

    www.abitoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous new bag!!! I like it on you! ;) I still do prefer the PS1 though, but nevertheless you pull it off very well. Hope to see more outfits with it!!

    xx Adela
    LOVECOUTURELUXE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shots! you looked really happy! i would too if i bagged that bag :) i'm a bal girl too so i like slouchy bags and the alexa hangs nicely on you.

    ReplyDelete