Sunday, 17 January 2010

gold silver and bronze

In my attempt to box up my life, this was the hardest to part. The hard work, hours of trainings under the crazy sun, sweat, tears and joy, team mates, weekends burnt for competitions produced these. Sometimes when I look at them, it feels so foreign, as though it was a life time ago as there's not a shadow of it left in me now. But when I looked at those little labels I had stuck under them, the surge of emotions overwhelmed me. How painful it was to miss the age group record by 3cm, falling short to qualify for the Sea Games training squad by 1cm, breaking the age group record without knowing, completed the jump and waiting for the empire to call out the distance before jumping for joy when you won your opponent at the final attempt. 9 years of hard work, 41 golds, 23 silvers and 15 bronzes, this will always be a part of my life which I'm proud of.

2 comments:

  1. woww that's pretty damn impressive. U must have been some super jumper that jumpers from other schools feel damn threatened by. Don't throw any of them away! U can show it to your kids next time.:p Think those secondary school/jc days went past too quickly. That was probably our prime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably only keep those national schools and overseas ones. I've no place to display them and they collect a lot of dust. I don't think my children will believe me even with medals as evidence. hahahaha. I've lost every ounce of muscle already.

    ReplyDelete