Monday, 21 April 2008

project apple

My supervisor juz dropped a bomb on me. There's 80% chance she is gonna tender this Friday. To do what? Pluck apples at a farm in NEW ZEALAND for 3 MONTHS! I'm not kidding. Apparently her auntie, who works at ADECCO, found her this assignment which pays NZD$35 per bucket. Basically she has to pay everything and she'll only receive pay in terms of buckets. Somehow she calculated that at the end of 3 months, she will not only be able to pay for the trip, there should also be a profit of about NZD$4000. According to her, the thought of leaving has been on her mind for awhile but there wasn't any pulling factor. This opportunity allows her to take a long deserved break and set her life's direction. At 28, she still isn't sure of her career path. That some sort of consolation to myself.


This means I'll be boss-less for the last month of my attachment. I seriously hope that I won't need to report directly to her boss. I'll die. No more 'going back to school'. I must save my official leaves for then.

No comments:

Post a Comment