Friday, 26 March 2010

Julien Bompard

Julien Bompard is located in the midst of Shenton Way, at Ascott Singapore Raffles Place. I had high hopes prior to visiting but sadly, they didn't really live up to it. Besides the standard dinner set menu that was offered to us for this Restaurant Week promotion, we ordered other starters like Foie Gras and Escargots. One couldn't go wrong with foie gras and it was good but the escargots were juz alright. Their bread basket was good though.

Starter

* Slow cooked Egg with Black Truffle, Medley of forest mushrooms (favorite dish of all). The thick mushroom cream sauce was awesome!

Main (Choice of one selection)

* Braised Lamb Rump with Ratatouille, Garlic and Rosemary sauce

or
* Snapper with Provencal Escabeche, Basil Oil and balsamic vinegar. I had the fish and the garnish used was something new to my taste buds. Not sure whether I liked it or not.....
Dessert

* Chilled Apple Tart with Olive Ice Cream, Caramelized almond coulis. Olive ice cream was a first but the sweetness of the apples and caramelized almond coulis masked the taste of the ice cream so I still have little idea of how olive ice cream tastes like.

Overall, the food was alright but it's unlikely I'll return. Maybe this is juz not my cup of tea....

No comments:

Post a Comment