Sunday, 8 November 2009

tis the hairy season

Hairy crab, being a famous Shanghai cuisine, is best to be eaten at the famous Grand Shanghai restaurant. It's one of those Chinese restaurants which I've heard so much about but yet to try.
They are having a Chinese Mitten Crab (hairy crab) promotion set dinner, 1-for-1 at $148++

I was really impressed by the decor when I first walked in. The chandeliers, live Chinese music, the sofas, everything... Of coz the crab was the highlight dish but my favorite has to be the braised abalone =) I suspect it's cooked in a Cantonese style and thus most pleasing to my taste buds. Mitten crab is prized for its female crab roe. The crab itself is rather small and has little meat, unlike our usual Sri Lanka crab. Eating this small little thing tend to be quite tedious......
Photobucket

Poor Nithe had to rush over from SGH at 830pm when he was supposed to end at 6pm. And right before dinner, he was searching for glass.......

1 comment: