Thursday, 12 February 2009

contributing to the unemployed statistics

For those who didn't bother to turn up for NUS Career Fair 2009, don't bother. Talking to company representatives will only make you feel sad, unwanted and useless. I used to be proud of being in Bioengineering but when employers hear BIO-engineering, they will give the face and you know it's over. So much so that when asked which course of study I'm in, I'll simply say Engineering but I'll still get the face because apparently, the sterotype of 'Engineering being an all guys field' is still so strong. Another thing, I don't like it when they say that 'presentable girls have an advantage over guys because sex appeals.....' Please, if we're trying to sell looks, we would be aiming at the media industry. Depressing isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment