Tuesday, 9 December 2008

hari raya haji

I've been to this restaurant twice in 3 days and I'm pretty sure I'll be visiting them pretty frequently. Nithe went there last week and was raving about how great their pasta and pizza were and their prices being very reasonable too ($15 each). So we decided we shall go there to celebrate the end of my exams on Saturday. We reached at 830pm and had to wait for over 45 mins for our table. That's how good their business was (PS. we were eating 2 tables away from Fiona Xie). We were not disappointed.

2 days later, we came back, reservations made and stomachs empty =) The boss goes around and takes your order personally. Throughout dinner, he and his other 2 partners will walk around and talk to their customers. They are really friendly people. His wife and sister rule the kitchen.

Some of our food including crab and lobster ravioli in tomato sauce, mushroom ravioli in cream truffle sauce, gorgonzola pizza and the guys had brazilian churrascaria.

After dinner, I casually asked one of the boss what's the drink that many people are drinking (it's this white liquid in a champaign glass). He explained that it's their lemon sorbet and the next thing he said, 'I'll give you some, complimentary.' He brought over 8 glasses, one for each of us, FREE! See, ask and you shall receive. Their lemon sorbet is really refreshing. Nithe kept stealing mine.

Donna Carmela & Caipirinha
2 Greenwood Avenue

***

For the second half of my dinner, I rushed to town to meet the NYGH babes for post dinner. It has been forever since I last met up with them.

Desserts at Canale. We were all satisfied =)

No comments:

Post a Comment