Monday, 22 June 2009

Wedding the KL style

And so I witnessed a so-called traditional Cantonese wedding ceremony. It's pretty much similar to those seen in HK dramas. Really typical Chinese style which I don't think many people on SG actually follow these days.
Photobucket

The groom arrives together with a 'match-maker' and he has to bargain his way into the house to 'grab' his wife. Pretty standard I guess minus the match-maker. It's actually an occupation....
Photobucket

My cousins. Distant cousins actually. Their parents are my mum's cousin (I think).
Photobucket

When we managed to grab our hands on the bride and groom

I don't think they place emphasis on the wedding dinner. It's more of the tradition which they follow. There's like no dress code for the dinner. I see many of the guests dressed in t-shirt and jeans? Oh well.. Thankfully I'm not over-dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment