Sunday, 28 September 2008

fish talk


I'm back from the paradise where people only sleep, eat and dive. The resort itself is far from paradise but the idea of breaking free from all communication and work is amazing =) My primary school friend, my secondary school friend and nithe's secondary school classmate all happened to be on this trip, people whom we've not met for ages.
It's this really small resort for budget divers. They don't even have a jetty so we have to take this sampan from shore to our dive boats about 100m away where all our gears are. Thankfully there are few leisure divers so we had sufficient space to reg up our gears.



Our rooms are dorm style where 10 fits 1 room. There's air con but it only works from 7pm-7am as electricity is powered by the generator on the island. There's a toilet behind the blue door with 1 sink, 2 cubicles with no hot water supply. hmmm.. 10 people to 2 cubicles.


This is like my 4th trip to Pulau Aur. I don't love the place but it's where NUS frequents most. And since most people take their basic open water license there, a lot of the corals are dead.


Our super heavy diving gears

How can we leave Malaysia without some Ramly Burger =)
I've more than 30 sandfly kisses and a cooked back. Next trip shall be either Bali or White Manta. I'm done with NUS dive trips =)

No comments:

Post a Comment