Wednesday, 6 August 2008

i'm already hating it

This is gonna be a terrible semester. Nothing has gone smoothly. Only 7 freaking TEs are offered, out of which 1 is a graduate module and 3 involve signals/programming. I have to read 3 modules (2 TEs & HR) this semester and 3 next semester (2TEs and BN3401). Tissue Engineering was an obvious choice for most people but I couldn't decide on by 2nd TE. By the time I decided to take ME4291 Finite Element Analysis in round 1C, the min. bid was 4000+ so it's out. I then considered doing EE3601 Bioinstrumentation with my EE friend but I lacked the freaking pre-req of BN3401 so it's out again. Long story short, a senior told me that BN4406 Biophotonics And Bioimaging would be useful and relevant to my FYP so despite how foreign the module sounds, I'm taking it. I haven't even started on HR. The bloody module is offered in both semesters but somehow, BIZ segments engineering students, some departments to take in sem 1 and others in sem 2. BIE happens to be in sem 2 and we are blocked from bidding. Did BIE inform us about that? No, they juz recommended us to take it in sem 2. So after countless emails, visits to dean's office, calls to relevant people from us who need to do it this sem, they gave it to us. It juz doesn't make sense for them to block year 4 students and offer it to year 3s.
The only slight consolation is that my senior did the exact same FYP topic as me so hopefully he can brief me through some stuffs and get me started.

BN4301 Principles of Tissue Engineering
BN4406 Biophotonics and Bioimaging
HR2002 Human Capital in Organizations
FYP Non-invasive optical measurement of blood glucose


All these crap will kill 3 days and I'll have the next 4 days to recuperate.



No comments:

Post a Comment