Sunday, 1 June 2008

revisited childhood

Dropped by the apartment I grew up in to fetch my dad. He was prep-ing the place for some renovation since the tenant juz vacated. Everything in the place looks minimized, probably due to the fact that I was young/small at that time and so it's kinda a relative thing. And even after 11 years, I still see familiar furniture in the house, how my sis and I built Lion King tents in our room, with blankets marking land and others water, how we carried our mattresses to our parents' room and camp there every Friday night. The funny thing was that the place is like 2 bus stops away from NYGH and yet we shifted to our present place which is 'nearer' to my mum's office. I mean it's juz 10 mins down the street and her office is in Tuas. How much nearer can it get? hahaha. So my sis and I nv had the chance to enjoy the convenience.

Anyways, my sis brought up the topic of how long haven't my mum taken a public bus. Few months ago, my dad gave her a EZLink card and challenged her to take a bus down to town alone (direct bus to town from my place). She walked out of the condo and flagged a cab. Her excuse, don't wanna waste time waiting for bus and rocking on the bus to town. errr. She was still so proud to say that the last time she boarded a public bus was way before I was born. ?????

No comments:

Post a Comment